[SQ]+[Analysis] Post Smolov Jr. 1RM Test - THE GRAND FINALE
Date: 10. December 14 - wonderful, wonderful Wednesday.
The moment I have been working towards for the past 3 weeks. I belted up for the top 3 sets. Lo and behold, the belt was a bit too tight. That's what I get for stuffing my face for 3 weeks straight.
First off though, let's take a look at how the training volume varied over the past 3 weeks.

Looks like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. However, the weekly volumes are interesting to look at.
Considering that my normal squatting weeks consisted of around 6000kg of volume, this was A LOT of work. I think I handled it well though.
So without further ado, the log:
Squat:
Here's another angle on Instagram. LINK.
The moment I have been working towards for the past 3 weeks. I belted up for the top 3 sets. Lo and behold, the belt was a bit too tight. That's what I get for stuffing my face for 3 weeks straight.
First off though, let's take a look at how the training volume varied over the past 3 weeks.
Looks like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. However, the weekly volumes are interesting to look at.
- Week 1: 17615kg / roughly 38753lb
- Week 2: 18225kg / roughly 40095lb
- Week 3: 19719kg / roughly 43382lb
Considering that my normal squatting weeks consisted of around 6000kg of volume, this was A LOT of work. I think I handled it well though.
So without further ado, the log:
Squat:
Barx5x2
135x5 (60kg)
225x3 (100kg)
295x1 (134kg)
365x1 (166kg)
405x1 (184kg) (first time squatting in the 400 range, PR).
420x1 (191kg) (PR)
440x1 (200kg) (PR)
Starting bodyweight: 92.5kg/203.5lb
Current bodyweight: 93.8kg/206.4lb (3.5 weeks apart)
Smolov is love. A 20kg squat PR within 3.5 weeks. 1RM before smolov was a very shaky 180kg/396lb. I was actually hoping to hit 185, maybe 190 after Smolov. I kept looking at the plates thinking I must have made a mistake counting them.
Now it's onto other things. God, I miss deadlifting.
295x1 (134kg)
365x1 (166kg)
405x1 (184kg) (first time squatting in the 400 range, PR).
420x1 (191kg) (PR)
440x1 (200kg) (PR)
Starting bodyweight: 92.5kg/203.5lb
Current bodyweight: 93.8kg/206.4lb (3.5 weeks apart)
Smolov is love. A 20kg squat PR within 3.5 weeks. 1RM before smolov was a very shaky 180kg/396lb. I was actually hoping to hit 185, maybe 190 after Smolov. I kept looking at the plates thinking I must have made a mistake counting them.
Now it's onto other things. God, I miss deadlifting.
Here's another angle on Instagram. LINK.
Comments
Post a Comment